I am the family's official jam and preserve giver, so I have asked everybody to save their used food jars for me. I have LOTS of jars. The small problem though, is that you can only make so much jam. I have to find a way to use up some of the huge pile of jars, before taking them to the recycle depot.
Since I am still looking to make gifts, I have found a few ideas that I like. I know that there is a huge Mason Jar buzz all over the Net, but I want to make this a "recycle" project. I share my favourites.
1. Crochet jar cosies by Kelbourne: There is a crochet pattern for the general idea, and one can play around with colour and different crochet embellishments, of which there are many patterns around.
2. Crochet jar cosies by Een streepze zonlicht: Very adorable. I have lots of baby food jars that can be used.
3. Raspberry jam hearts in a jar by Ideas magazine: There is a recipe for the raspberry jam biscuits, and a free printable label on the site. Ideas magazine is one of my favourite publications, and their web page is full of great ideas.
4. Chalkboard paint heart jar by Mama did it: One of the many jar paint ideas around. The person's name is written in chalk on the jar. This is a great teachers gift.
5. Pin cushion jar, one of many on Pinterest. This can be filled with sewing kits, sewing supplies like buttons, lace and ribbon.
6. (Very) Romantic jar on Pinterest. Can be used for storing trinkets or pieces of paper with daily verses or journal topics.
There are many, many more ideas floating around on the Net, but far too few hours in a day.
Till next time,